There is a lot to learn about Suris and Huacayas with many bloodlines and different fleece characteristics.
We wanted to focus on one and chose Suris after falling completely in love with their look. In addition to that:
- Suris have an established breed standard while Huacayas don’t
- Suris are better suited to Texas and other hot climates-Suris have a part down the center of back that allows heat to escape more readily
- Suris are extremely rare (10% of alpaca population)
- Unique silky lustrous fleece
- Great Suri only organization focused on advancing Suris-The Suri Network