If you’re looking to get started with alpacas and want to start out small, we can help you build a mini herd!
There are many ways to get started, but if you’re on a budget, here are two options:
- younger males/ package starts around $1000
- young female and proven female that can be bred (you can request extra free breedings)/ package price $2500 and up
It is best to start with either males or females since they will need separate housing and pastures. The typical gestation for alpacas is 335-355 days- and it takes another 6 months or so before the babies are weaned.
We love and care for our animals very much so we breed carefully and conservatively. They are registered with certificates, vaccinated, and tested for BVDV.
If we don’t have the animals you’re looking for, we can always try to help you find some through our network of breeder friends. So, please feel free to give us a call and we’ll do our best to find you the best match.
Alpacas will need a minimum of:
- a buddy (so 2 minimum alpacas although 3 is better- can be mix of Suri and Huacaya, but should be same sex, similar age unless bonded otherwise)
- 3 sided shelter (carports work well)
- protection from predators (good fencing, guardian animals, secure night pen)
- shearing once a year (we can teach you how with a pair of scissors)
- access to pasture/hay and clean water
- CDT vaccine every few years (and any others that may be required in your area)
- fecal checks and deworming as needed
We’re always available to answer questions 🙂 We have a FREE ebook you can request titled “Alpacas for Fun and Profit.” Just contact us and we will email it to you.
Now for some fun pictures…